Tuesday 11 January 2011

New Year's Resolutions


Well, it's that time of year again... the time when we all write lists of things to do in the coming year, stuff them into a drawer and then don't do anything about them, until it comes to the end of the year and we think "oooh, I must do that NEXT year". And repeat, ad infinitum...

Still, if it causes us to stop and reflect on where we are and where we want to be, then it surely cannot be a bad thing. Even if we don't get there, acknowledging where we want to be is a good step.

So, with that in mind, here are my goals for 2011...
  • Launch the unique portrait concept shoots I have been mulling over
  • Launch the new wedding concepts I have prepared
  • Make better/more use of social media
  • Do some charity/community photography work
  • Promote promote promote!
  • Develop a mission statement and deliver to it
All of this is against the background of bringing my first child into the world in March, so maybe by April all of this will have been shot down in flames - who knows!

Maybe I will try and tie specific actions that I take throughout the year back to this post, to try and keep track of progress. Or maybe I'll just forget all about this list until January of next year... only time will tell!!!

Chris at Keep Shooting Photography - Making Beautiful Photography Affordable
http://www.keepshootingphotography.co.uk/

0 comments: