Monday 9 January 2012

2011 Resolutions Scorecard

This is what I wrote at the beginning of my 2011 Resolutions blog post:


"Well, it's that time of year again... the time when we all write lists of things to do in the coming year, stuff them into a drawer and then don't do anything about them, until it comes to the end of the year and we think "oooh, I must do that NEXT year". And repeat, ad infinitum..."


So, how did I do against my goals? Here's a quick review...


Launch the unique portrait concept shoots I have been mulling over
Hlf done - I launched my first ever Portrait Photography Day and am in advanced preparations for another new concept, but there are still more I have not yet started on. Grade - B


Launch the new wedding concepts I have prepared
Wll, I've launched the iPad Wedding Album but there is still so much more to do here. Grade - D


Make better/more use of social media
Sarting to make inroads on this one, but I still need to get much more frequent at blogging, and start to use Twitter and Facebook to 'join the conversation', rather than just broadcasting. Potentially need to start using google+ too. Grade - C


Do some charity/community photography work
Big Fat Fail. Grade - F


Promote promote promote!
Getting better but still need to work harder and hone a promotional calendar for the year early on - and stick to it! Grade - C


Develop a mission statement and deliver to it
Mission statement was developed and put in place early last year. Grade - A


So... a bit of a mixed bag there. Some successes, but a lot of work-in-progress which should probably have been wrapped up by now.


Overall Grade - C (could do better)


Am I being hard on myself, or even too lenient? You decide...


This years resolutions to follow soon.

0 comments: