Monday 31 January 2011

The Mission

Well, I started off the year with a lst of New Year's Resolutions, and I'm pleased to say I'm already doing well on one of them!

I resolved to write and publish a mission statement - a way of letting people know what I stand for, and what my aims are when they come to me as a client. And so here it is!

The mission statement is fairly simple:

“To deliver unique and high quality photos and products, as part of an overall photographic experience that leaves clients delighted and compelled to recommend Keep Shooting Photography"

Each word and phrase has been chosen very carefully to give an insight into what I believe in as a photographer.

It breaks down into three key parts:

"To deliver unique and high quality photos and products..." - this is the core of any photography business; if you can't do this you really shouldn't be in business. Clients deserve better than 'average'; better than 'OK' - they deserve high quality in both the imagery and the products that are created.

"...as part of an overall photographic experience that leaves clients delighted...." - important as it is, the photography is just the first step. You need to build a relationship that puts the client's feelings and needs at the heart of their experience, so that every step of the way - from initial consultation to photo delivery - they feel delighted with the service they are receiving.

"...and compelled to recommend Keep Shooting Photography" - the proof of the pudding - if the client is willing (and eager!) to recommend you to others then you know you have done a good job. Reaching this level of customer satisfaction should be the goal of every photographer as it is a win-win situation... you have delighted your existing clients, and you have an organic mechanism for generating brand new clients.

Mission statements may be considered a bit old-hat these days , but writing this mission statement has really helped me to focus my mind on what I consider to be important about being a professional photographer. I hope it helps potential clients to see what my values are, and to determine whether there is a good match with their philosphy or not.

Would love to hear wht you think - have I missed anything that would be important to you? Does this resonate with your expectations?


Chris at Keep Shooting Photography
http://www.keepshootingphotography.co.uk/

0 comments: