Wednesday 12 October 2011

Cocktails and Inspiration at the Great John Street Hotel

I had no idea what to expect... except that I wasn't particularly looking forward to it. Walking into a room full of people you don't know, with the aim of 'networking', will strike fear or dread into most people's hearts, and I was no different...

But there I found myself last night at the Great John Street Hotel in Manchester for a wedding tweet-up, organised by Katy Lunsford.

I needn't have worried.

I felt like I spoke to most of the photographers there, and what struck me most was the lack of ego in the room. Everyone was genuinely interested in talking to everyone else, helping, and offering advice and anecdotes in equal measure.

The likes of Neil Redfern, The Lawsons, Martin Hambleton, Bee and Liam from CG Weddings and many more were all fantastic and I left feeling refreshed and inspired. Thanks very much for a great evening everyone!

So, in honour of being in the Great John Street Hotel, here are a few pictures from my good friend Steve's wedding which I photographed at the hotel last Christmas, in the very room we frequented last night...





0 comments: